RICH COACH ♦ BROKE COACH?
Even though Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach contains FIVE rich chapters related to running a successful coaching business, Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach™ isn’t written like a regular book where you have to start at the beginning and read to the end to understand some kind of plot or learn something meaningful in a chronological order where coaching is concerned. Who has time to write such a book let alone read one like that, and I’ve read plenty?
In today’s competitive coaching market and pressure for time to compete in that environment, I wrote a book to give you a wealth of information that you need to know and in bite-size, digestible nuggets for quick reference and easy consumption.
While Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach™ goes beyond what all other coaching books have to offer. It is written so you can cherry pick and select sections of the book that pertain to your personal wants and needs as a potential Rich Coach. Start where you think you might need the most help. Then, move on to other areas of the book that pique your interest.
TESTIMONIAL REVIEW FOR …
RICH COACH ♦ BROKE COACH
“I have been a successful franchise business owner and coach to franchise owners for over 20 years. I would like to say that Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach has been one of the most impressive books I have ever read on coaching. Not only as a book, but as a companion study guide with worksheets and nearly unlimited resources to everything one needs to be a successful coach. The layout is incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it. The way each chapter teaches, gives resources, then gives the worksheets to be completed as ‘homework’ so to speak … leaves me utterly amazed. It’s one thing to READ a book about coaching, but, WOW, much better the way Bart helps a person take action and builds on their existing coaching practice or helps people as they start (a coaching business) from scratch. Thanks, Bart! Just AMAZING!” — Todd Woods, Woods Consulting Group, SLC, Utah
A “RICH COACH” Introduction
Welcome To Coaching!
• What Is Coaching?
• Why do people hire coaches?
• What are the basics for coaching?
• What does it take to be a coach?
• How do you start your own coaching business?
• What kind of income can a coach expect to earn?
Let’s Define “Rich Coach” & “Broke Coach”
• First, Let’s Define The Word …“Rich!”
• Qualities of a “Rich Coach”
• Qualities of a “Broke Coach”
• What makes a “Rich Coach” … “Rich?”
• Why Do Most Coaches Go … “Broke?”
CHAPTER 1 … (34 PAGES)
Starting & Running a “Rich Coach” Business
• The “Rich Coach” Secret Formula
• Choose Your Coaching Niche & Get Rich
• Roadblocks For Becoming a “Rich Coach”
• Custom Coaching Business Management Software Solutions
• Plan Your Coaching Business With My Simple “Rich Coach” Business Plan Formula
• Should You Get Certified As A Coach? (Yes/No/Maybe?)
• Should You Get Your Own Coach? (Yes/No/Maybe?)
• Outsourcing & Getting Help (So You Can Focus On Marketing, Coaching & Making Money)
CHAPTER 2 … (58 PAGES)
Fees, Income & Making Money As A “Rich Coach”
• Know Where Your Money Comes From … Study The Rich Coach “Money Pie”
• Study, Master & Implement The Rich Coach “Money Funnel”
• Rich By Following The Rich Coach “Coaching System”
• Create & Name Your Coaching Services, Packages & Programs
• Coaching Package Naming & Creation “Wisdom”
• Determine Your Rich Coach Coaching Rates & Fees
• Rich Coach Coaching Package “Pricing Wisdom”
• Getting Paid From Your Coaching Clients & Customers Who Buy Products
• Coaching Payments Through Your Website & Shopping Cart Systems
• Custom Coaching Software Invoicing & Collecting Payments Online
• Help More People & Make More $$$ With “Group Coaching”
• Create A Real Plan For Making Passive & Residual Income
• Great Product Ideas For Both Broke & Rich Coaches
• More Money-Making Tips & Ideas For All Coaches
• Avoid These VERY REAL “Coaching Profit” Killers!
CHAPTER 3 … (60 PAGES)
Finding & Working With Clients
• The Secret Formula For Finding Your Ideal Client
• Client Welcome Packets/Letters, Coaching Agreements, Worksheets, Logs & Templates
• What Other Coaching Forms, Worksheets, Questionnaires Would Be Helpful?
• Client Welcome Packets & Why Should You Send One To Clients
• Create A Thorough & Very Useful Client Questionnaire/Self-Assessment Form
• Coaching Session Formats, Working With Clients & Firing Them When Necessary
• Finding & Attracting Your Ideal Coaching Client (Create Your Ideal Client Profile)
• Why Can’t You Help Everyone? (Your Package(s): This Is What You’re Selling!)
• Where Are Your Target Market Clients Congregating?
• How Do You Find Your Ideal Client?
• Marketing Doesn’t Help You Find Clients … Archaeology Does!
• What To Say When Someone Asks You, “What Do You Do?”
• How To Sell “Client Transformation” / “Bridging The Gap” More Than Anything Else!
• Enrolling Clients: Closing A New Client Is About Enrolling Them, Not Selling Them
• How Do You Get Your Ideal Client To Hire You For Coaching?
• Free Sessions: What Should Your Coaching Format Be? (20/20/20 Rule)
• Overcoming Objections, Answering Questions, Follow-Up & Closing New Clients
• The “Top 10” Objections: What They Mean & Suggested Replies
• More Tips On Handling Objections & Excuses
• Follow-Up, Checking In & Clients On The Fence & Closing Tips For Coaches
CHAPTER 4 … (6 PAGES)
Rich Coaching Tools, Websites & Resources
RICH COACH ♦ BROKE COACH
“I was almost at the point in my life where I thought I was going to have to go get (the J-word) … yes, a J.O.B. Bart and I talked, and he gave me a chock-full of ideas to carry out, ALL based on his book Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach. I can remember the phone call. Specifically, I was told to focus my reading on creating packages and naming them, as outlined in CHAPTER 2. Then, come up with my ideal client, based on his formula, and go after ’em! It is incredible how he thinks like he does. We both agreed and now I’m off to creating a whole coaching program based on my skills and talents in social media (and more). To date, I can seriously say that Bart’s coaching advice (and book) is paying off. This book is essential for anyone who wants to learn how to get out of the corporate world (or take their current coaching career or aspirations for coaching), and reach for the stars with their passion and intellect. Thanks, for being such an inspiration, Bart. I knew I was always an entrepreneur at heart, and RCBC is helping me to shine in ways I never knew I could. I’ll be finished with packaging my offerings soon, and selling them like hotcakes on Sunday. Learning from Bart is also so much fun and inspirational! RCBC gives you everything you need to get started with your (coaching) business and I mean EVERYTHING! Rich Coach Broke Coach is the ultimate coaching book to help you reach for the coaching stars.”
— Sweta Patel, Social Media
Strategist, Trainer & Coach
San Francisco, California
• Accounting Resources
• Affiliate Content
• Affiliate Tracking Software
• Animated Video Production
• Audio Loops & Royalty-Free Music
• Audio Sales
• Audio mixing
• Blog / Third-Party Account Publishing
• Blog / Your Own Website
• Book Publishing & Printing
• Cloud Phone System
• Cloud Storage
• Coaching Business Software Systems
• Coaching Directories
• Coaching Resources
• Coaching Websites
• Customer Relationship Mgmt. (CRM)
• Domain Name Registration
• eBook Publishing
• eMail / Autoresponders / eZine
• Graphic/Photo Editing
• Green Screen Software
• Icons Galore
• Images & Stock Photograph
• iPhones, Apps & More
• Landing Page Software
• Membership Software
• Mobile Payments
• NLP Resources
• Online Payments
• Online Surveys
• Password Manager
• Podcasting Services
• Printing (Business Cards, Postcards, etc.)
• Project Management
• Remote Desktop Support Software
• Scheduling Software
• Screencast Softwareq
• Shopping Cart Platform
• Social Media Management
• Support Application
• Tele-Seminar Services
• Telephone Services
• Video Calls
• Video Editing
• Video Players
• Web Hosting
• Webinar Software
• Website / Webmaster Tools
• Website Builders
CHAPTER 5 … (73 PAGES)
Marketing Tactics For ALL Coaches
• The “Marketing & Selling” Mindset Of … Rich Coaches
• What Should Be In Place Before You Start Marketing?
• Top 10 Marketing Tactics For Coaches
• Website Design, Hosting & Domain Registration
• Advertising Tactics
• Affiliate Marketing Tactics
• Audio Marketing Tactics
• Blog Marketing Tactics
• Book Marketing Tactics
• Branding Tactics
• Business Card Marketing Tactics
• Celebrity Marketing Tactics
• Coaching Directory Marketing Tactics
• eBook Marketing Tactics
• eMail Marketing Tactics
• Flyer Marketing Tactics
• Interview Marketing Tactics
• Networking Tactics
• Podcasting Tactics
• Publicity, Press Kits, Press Rooms & Press Release Tactics
• Referral Marketing Tactics
• Social Media Marketing Tactics
• Speaking & Training Tactics
• Tele-Seminar Marketing Tactics
• Testimonial Marketing Tactics
• Video Marketing Tactics
• Webinar Marketing Tactics
• 51 Website Marketing Tactics
WRAP-UP … (5 PAGES)
Rich Coach Goals & Start-Up Checklist
• 15 Rich Coach Goals I Have For You …
• Here Are Your “Rich Coach” Goals (15-Point Checklist Format)
Who Is This Book For?
Rich Coach w Broke Coach™ is perfect for anyone aspiring to become a coach, for current/seasoned coaches, as well teachers, trainers, authors, speakers, consultants, therapists, healers, counselors, psychologists, creatives, artists, and anyone else who wants to turn their passion and profession into a money-making coaching enterprise helping others succeed in life and/or in their business.
How Can This Book Help You?
Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach was written with the specific intent to cover topics not covered in the vast majority of books written about coaching or starting your own coaching business.
Most coaching books on the market today never go beyond “find your niche,” “know your purpose,” “be present,” “find your ideal client”, and my favorite, “get a website.” Really? That’s all they have to say? They write in terms of “do this”, but not “how to” do what they recommend. No wonder most coaches are broke.
Where can they turn to for the “how-to” instruction they’re not getting? When they need real business, marketing and money-making advice, all they get are generalities and the same ol’ talk all the other books on coaching have to offer.
Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach provides you with invaluable and useful information as it relates to getting started as a coach, roadblocks for becoming a coach, what you need to launch a successful coaching business, what goals should you set for yourself as a coach, essential tips on running the business, getting certified (yes/no/maybe?), how to write a successful business plan to ensure your coaching business is successful, setting fees, creating and naming coaching packages, charging clients and collecting payments, finding clients and closing them, working with clients, recommended coaching tools and online resources, how to make even more money as a coach, shrewd marketing tactics for coaches, and so much more!
Anyone applying the suggestions, ideas, tactics and techniques found inside Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach is absolutely in store for a major improvement in running a more efficient and profitable coaching business.
Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach is packed with all the above, and so much more! Holding this book in your hands, and acting on what you’re about to read is your hedge against going broke as a coach.
Another “RICH COACH” book I wrote …
150+ Mistakes Coaches Make
Inside this coaching book, I highlight over 150+ mistakes coaches make. Each page is packed with mistakes you should watch out for. Here are the mistakes I go over in this one-of-a-kind book!
• 32 Business Mistakes
• 24 Coaching/Client Mistakes
• 6 Communication Mistakes
• 5 Education/Training Mistakes
• 23 Marketing Mistakes
• 12 Mindset Mistakes
• 31 Money-Making Mistakes
• 3 Personal Mistakes
• 19 Website Related Mistakes
Can you imagine how much more successful you will be as a coach when you know what mistakes to avoid? Namely, 150+ of them? Exactly! GET THIS BOOK!
Every coach (i.e., life, personal and/or business coach) needs their own set of customized coaching/client agreement/assessment forms to help run a successful coaching business. Because many coaches, and those who aspire to be coaches, don’t have such forms or know how to create them, I have taken the time to create (and share) the same ones I use with you.
1. Welcome Letter
2. Coaching Client Agreement
3. Client Intake Form
4. Client Self-Assessment Form
5. Free Coaching Gift Certificates
6. Free Coaching Session Agreement
7. Coaching Session Preparation Form
8. Coaching Session Summary Forms
9. Client Call Record (For The Coach)
10. The Wheel Of Life Form
11. Goals & Action Questions
12. Coaching Period Summary Forms
13. Client Feedback/Testimonial Form
14. Coaching / Speaking Hour Log (Excel)
As you can see, the list of coaching forms above is a very complete set of forms to launch any coaching business successfully. While each form is sold separately, you can download every form in a single bundled product after your purchase below.
I’ve been coaching and consulting clients globally on a wide range of topics ranging from Internet marketing to business, book publishing, audio/video recording, personal coaching, and other topics, for over two decades.
Whether I’m building huge websites for myself or others, giving them advice and guidance on writing books, designing books and book covers, setting up shopping carts and affiliate programs, creating products, building membership websites, recording studio-quality audio, filming video, providing marketing plans, writing business plans, training speakers, and giving interview advice … the list goes on. With all that, there’s one thing I’ve observed in these 25+ years and that’s how personal and business coaches alike are in such need of this type of help, training, guidance, and coaching in more ways than ever.
Because training, teaching, and writing personal and business self-help books comes so natural to me, I thought it would be great to share what I’ve learned from my experience and research in a training book for coaches that encapsulates many of my skills and talents in the areas of marketing, business plans, consulting, coaching, interacting with clients, sales/selling, creating products, building websites, and all the rest so coaches could accelerate their own business growth and improve their income earning potential as coaches. Coaches tell me, they love to coach, but when it comes to running the business, making sales and marketing, they just fall flat. Well, it’s time we end that trend.
Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach (RC♦BC) was written with the intent of helping coaches where they need it most: in the areas of business, marketing, client interactions and making money. RC♦BC is my blueprint for all that and much, much more.
If you are a coach, or aspire to be one, and you asked me how to start and run a successful coaching business, I would respond with exactly what I have laid out inside this book! What you’ll find inside RC♦BC is only the most concise, nugget-rich content you’ve probably ever read on coaching and running a profitable coaching business.
RC♦BC includes marketing and money-making ideas, mistakes coaches make, coaching roadblocks, forms, session formats, enrollment strategies, overcoming objections, setting fees, creating coaching programs, and more. I hope you really enjoy RC♦BC. Contact me, if you’d like to share your feedback about this book.
To your success,
Bart Smith, Author
Rich Coach ♦ Broke Coach
150+ Mistakes Coaches Make